Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Which OS?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Ian Peaston's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2001
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    SO... all you guys and gals with your vast wealth of EWS64 experience...

    I'm not ready to get rid of my EWS64XL yet either. So what OS is the best for the future and continued development of EWS composition?

    I think the "official" terratec word on XP non-support is shameful... especially as some of you seem to have got it working! Do the applications work ok too?

    I'd like to know if Win 2000 Pro is a good option (for double processor support, etc.) for music making with the EWS64.

    Ok... thanks in advance.

    ------------------
    ensemble el?cian
    "Changing the face of Concert-going..."
    www.elucian.com

  2. #2
    Inactive Member cneyens's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i use win98 for years now, without problems, with an ews64xl, and now also an ews88mt,

    i don't have any problems with this os.., but also haven't anything else on it than music programs

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Beta-Decay's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2000
    Posts
    1,417
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Win98 is still the best.
    95 is too old.
    ME sucks in everything.
    NT and 2000 have never had good support.
    XP will never support the EWS, or a large amount of older hardware.

    ------------------

  4. #4
    Inactive Member juzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2001
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Beta-Decay is right:
    Win98 (or Win98SE) are clearly the best.
    I've had a shitload of programs and general waste on my Win98SE with all the music software in there and it works perfectly! I didn't get my Terratecs "co-operate" in Win2000 at the first attempt so I decided to let it just become my gaming OS smile Skip ME, I don't know a person that has gotten it all working there...

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •